M. Scott KleimanManaging Partner
M. Scott Kleiman is an experienced and dedicated trial and transactional attorney who has practiced law in Dade, Broward and throughout Florida for 30 years. He represents clients in the areas of real estate and corporate transactional matters, after devoting many years of his practice to commercial litigation. He continues to litigate select matters for his clients, primarily in commercial and real estate based actions, including lender-borrower matters, foreclosures, landlord-tenant disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes, and consumer and collection matters.
Mr. Kleiman’s real estate transactional representation and experience includes: the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real property; real estate secured lending, including construction, term, acquisition and refinancing of secured loans; commercial and residential leasing; representation of institutional lenders and developers; the sale, acquisition and financing of hotel properties; workouts and restructuring of problem real estate loans; and, land-use and zoning representation before governmental entities.
Additionally, Mr. Kleiman provides his clients with counseling in negotiating and documenting of residential and commercial real estate transactions. Among his significant accomplishments was the representation of the seller in an $80,000,000.00 beachfront hotel transaction.
Mr. Kleiman’s practice also encompasses corporate matters. He provides his clients with representation in matters including stock and asset based acquisitions and sales; corporate and limited liability company formation; employment and independent contractor agreements; non-disclosure and non-competition agreements; shareholder and operating agreements; management agreements; confidentiality agreements; limited liability company transactions; and the resolution of shareholder disputes.
Mr. Kleiman is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. According to Martindale-Hubbell the rating indicates an attorney has reached “the height of professional excellence” and “is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.” He strives for successful dispute resolution through creative counseling and negotiation to achieve a settlement tailored to his client’s goals and needs-prior to trial or by trial before a judge, jury, or arbitration board. Mr. Kleiman is also the recipient of the David Posnack Jewish Community Center's 2018 Evelyn and Otto Stieber Leadership Award.
Mr. Kleiman also has a strong record of community involvement. He served as the Special Magistrate for Cooper City from 2011 - 2019. He served three terms as a City Commissioner in Cooper City, and served nearly ten years as a member of the City’s Planning and Zoning Board, five before becoming a City Commissioner and the last five after hitting his City Commission term limit. Scott and the firm currently represent the legal interests of the Davie-Cooper City Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Kleiman is the Treasurer, 2020 and on the Executive Board of the David Posnack Jewish Community Center, having served as the Vice-Chair for Sports and Wellness for the JCC from 2016-2018, and becoming the Vice-Chair of the JCC's Building Committee in 2020 and serving on the 5K Super Hero Classic in 2018. In addition, he serves on the Executive Committee for the Nova Southeastern University Ambassador’s Board, as well as serving on the Nova Southeastern University Athletics Advisory Council Executive Committee. Mr. Kleiman is active in the Davie/Cooper City Chamber of Commerce, where he has served as the chair of both the Education and the Governmental Affairs committees. His past service includes serving as the logistics chair for the Davie-Cooper City Relay for Life;. Active with children, he also founded the Broward Blaze Travel Sport Club, Inc., where he served as the head coach of the national champion Broward Blaze travel baseball team for twelve seasons. He was the communications director for Nova High School Titan Baseball and is active in the Nova Titan Booster Club.
Mr. Kleiman is a fitness enthusiast, and enjoys traveling for adventure and hiking. He is an avid photographer, with many of his photographs on display in the KALIS, KLEIMAN & WOLFE office. He is a South Florida sports enthusiast, with a love for baseball. He and his first and only wife, Shari have three children, all of whom are out of the house, and enjoying being empty-nesters.
J. D., University of Florida College of Law, 1986
B. B. A. Accounting, Emory University, 1983
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1988
Attorneys Title Insurance Fund, Inc./Old Republic Natonal Title Insurance Company
Ticor Title Insurance
Cooper City, Florida
Special Magistrate (2011 - 2016)
The Broward Area Real Estate Council
Poinciana at Rock Creek Homeowners Association
President (2004 - 2006)
The Florida Bar
Davie/Cooper City Chamber of Commerce
Member. Education Committee Chair (2003-2008)
1st Trust Title, Inc
Board Member (2002-2008), Vice Chair (2005), Chair (2006)
Cooper City Planning & Zoning Board
Member (1990-1995, 2004-2009), Chair (2006-2007)
Cooper City, Florida
City Commissioner (1995-2004)
Davie-Cooper City Chair Relay for Life
Nova Titan Baseball
Communications Director (2008-2012); Board Member (2010-present)
American Bar Association
Fidelity National Title Insurance
The Fund/Old Republic National Title Insurance
- David Posnack Jewish Community Center: Treasurer, 2020; Board of Directors, 2014 - present; Executive Board 2016 - present; Executive Board Vice-Chair for Building Committee, 2020; Vice-Chair for Sports and Wellness, 2016 - present; 5K Super Hero Classic, 2018.
- Davie-Cooper City Chamber of Commerce: Member, 1994-present; Lunch Bunch, May 2020.
- National Parkinson Foundation: Broward Moving Day Walk, Broward Chair - 2017.
- Cooper City Planning & Zoning Board
- Nova Southeastern University Ambassadors Board: Member 2013 - 2020; Executive Committee; Awareness Initiative Chair, 2016 - present.
- Nova Southeastern University: Athletic Advisory Council Executive Committee, 2016 - present.
- Cooper City: Commissioner,1995-2004; Planning & Zoning Board, 1991 - 1995 and 2004 - 2009.
- Davie-Cooper City: Relay for Life.
- Broward Blaze Baseball: Head Coach, 2002 - 2008; National Championship, 2008.
- Dachshund Rescue of South Florida: Volunteer/Foster Parent, 2014 - 2018.
- Broward County Humane Society: Volunteer/Foster Parent 2013 - 2014.
- Nova-Davie Optimist Club, 2011 - present; Vice President, 2018 - present.
- Nova High School Titan Baseball.
- Poinciana at Rock Creek.
- EASE Foundation.
- Avid Half-Marathon Runner.
- Martindale Hubbell – AV Rating
- David Posnack Jewish Community Center's 2018 Evelyn and Otto Stieber Leadership Award
- Arnold P. Carter, M.D. (Boros v. Carter), 537 So.2d 1184, 1989 Affirmed judgment for expert witness fees against attorney.
- Vincent Coletti (Coletti v. Florida High School Athletic Association, Inc.), 23 Fla.L.Weekly Supp. 38a (Cir.Ct. 2015) Suit brought on behalf of high school varsity baseball player for his high school seeking to overturn umpire’s ruling rolling back the score in a playoff game one inning due to rain. Case is cited and discussed in law school academic textbook “Baseball and the Law” by Louis H. Schiff and Robert M. Jarvis.
- Thomas Flood (Flood v. Union Planters Bank), 878 So.2d 407 (Fla. 3rd DCA), 2004
- BankAtlantic (Williams v. BankAtlantic), 592 So.2d 687 (Fla. 3rd DCA), 1992
- First Western Bank (Glancy v. First Western Bank), 802 So.2d 498 (Fla. 4th DCA), 2001
- Jewish Community Center of South Broward, Inc.
- Nova – Davie Optimist Club/Nova Titan Baseball
- Valley National Bank;
- Bankers Healthcare Group, Inc.;
- Homeowners Association of Landmark Ranch Estates;
- Chapel Trail Associates, Inc.;
- PBF Sterling, LLC;
- Fifty Buildings, L.L.C.;
- Custom Manufacturing Corporation;
- Quality Importers Trading Co.;
- Pizza Loft, Inc.
- Quad Finance, Inc.