M. Scott KleimanManaging Partner
Phone: (954) 791-0477
Fax: (954) 791-0506
7320 Griffin Rd #109
Davie, Florida 33314
M. Scott Kleiman is an experienced and dedicated trial and transactional attorney who has practiced law in Dade, Broward and throughout Florida for 36 years. He represents clients in the areas of real estate and corporate transactional matters, after devoting many years of his practice to commercial litigation. He continues to litigate select matters for his clients, primarily in commercial and real estate based actions, including lender-borrower matters, foreclosures, landlord-tenant disputes, business transactions disputes, and consumer and collection matters.
Mr. Kleiman’s real estate transactional representation and experience includes: the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real property; real estate secured lending, including construction, term, acquisition and refinancing of secured loans; commercial and residential leasing; representation of institutional lenders and developers; the sale, acquisition and financing of hotel properties; workouts and restructuring of problem real estate loans; and, land-use and zoning representation before governmental entities.
Additionally, Mr. Kleiman provides his clients with counseling in negotiating and documenting of residential and commercial real estate transactions. Among his significant accomplishments was the representation of the seller in an $80,000,000.00 beachfront hotel transaction.
Mr. Kleiman’s practice also encompasses corporate matters. He provides his clients with representation in matters including stock and asset based acquisitions and sales; corporate and limited liability company formation; employment and independent contractor agreements; non-disclosure and non-competition agreements; shareholder and operating agreements; management agreements; confidentiality agreements; limited liability company transactions; and the resolution of shareholder disputes.
Mr. Kleiman is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. According to Martindale-Hubbell the rating indicates an attorney has reached “the height of professional excellence” and “is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.” He strives for successful dispute resolution through creative counseling and negotiation to achieve a settlement tailored to his client’s goals and needs-prior to trial or by trial before a judge, jury, or arbitration board.
Mr. Kleiman also has a strong record of community involvement. He served as the Special Magistrate for Cooper City from 2011 - 2019. He served three terms as a City Commissioner in Cooper City, and served nearly ten years as a member of the City’s Planning and Zoning Board, five before becoming a City Commissioner and the last five after hitting his City Commission term limit. Scott and the firm currently represent the legal interests of the Davie-Cooper City Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Kleiman is the Board Chair of the David Posnack Jewish Community Center in Davie, Florida, having previously served as the Treasurer from 2020-2022. Mr. Kleiman has also served as the JCC's Vice-Chair for Sports and Wellness from 2016-2018, the Vice-Chair of the Building Committee in 2020 and serving on and chairing the annual 5K Super Hero Classic. Mr. Kleiman is also the recipient of the David Posnack Jewish Community Center's 2018 Evelyn and Otto Stieber Leadership Award.
In addition to the JCC, he is a member of the Nova Southeastern University Ambassador’s Board, having served on the Executive Committee, as well as serving on the Nova Southeastern University Athletics Advisory Council Executive Committee. Mr. Kleiman is active in the Davie/Cooper City Chamber of Commerce, where he has served as the chair of both the Education and the Governmental Affairs committees. His past service includes serving as the logistics chair for the Davie-Cooper City Relay for Life. Active with children, he also founded the Broward Blaze Travel Sport Club, Inc., where he served as the head coach of the national champion Broward Blaze travel baseball team for twelve seasons. He was the communications director for Nova High School Titan Baseball and is active in the Nova Titan Booster Club.
Mr. Kleiman is a fitness enthusiast, and enjoys traveling for adventure, hiking and kayaking. He is an avid photographer, with many of his photographs on display in the KALIS, KLEIMAN & WOLFE office. He is a South Florida sports enthusiast, with a love for baseball, having visited every current Major League Baseball stadium and more than forty stadiums in all. He and his first and only wife, Shari have three children, all of whom are out of the house, one very mischievous rescue dog, and are the grandparents to two beautiful granddaughters.
J. D., University of Florida College of Law, 1986
B. B. A. Accounting, Emory University, 1983
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1988
Attorneys Title Insurance Fund, Inc./Old Republic Natonal Title Insurance Company
Fidelity National Title Insurance
1st Trust Title, Inc
Cooper City, Florida
Special Magistrate (2011 - 2016)
The Broward Area Real Estate Council
The Florida Bar
American Bar Association
- David Posnack Jewish Community Center: Board Chair, 2022 - present, Treasurer, 2020-2022, Board of Directors, 2014 - present, Executive Board 2016 - present, Executive Board Vice-Chair for Building Committee, 2020, Vice-Chair for Sports and Wellness, 2016 - 2018, 5K Super Hero Classic, 2018 - present
- Davie-Cooper City Chamber of Commerce: Member, 1994-present
- National Parkinson Foundation: Broward Moving Day Walk, Broward Chair - 2017
- Nova Southeastern University Ambassadors Board: Member 2013 - 2020; Executive Committee, Awareness Initiative Chair, 2016 - present
- Nova Southeastern University: Athletic Advisory Council Executive Committee, 2016 - present
- Cooper City: Commissioner,1995-2004, Planning & Zoning Board, 1991 - 1995 and 2004 - 2009
- Davie-Cooper City: Relay for Life, Logistics Chair
- Broward Blaze Baseball: Head Coach, 2002 - 2008, National Championship, 2008
- Dachshund Rescue of South Florida: Volunteer/Foster Parent, 2014 - 2018
- Broward County Humane Society: Volunteer/Foster Parent 2013 - 2014
- Nova-Davie Optimist Club: Member 2011 - present, Vice President, 2018 - present
- Nova High School Titan Baseball: Communications Director, 2008-2012, Board Member, 2010-present
- Poinciana at Rock Creek Homeowner Association: President, 2004-2006
- EASE Foundation: Board Member, 2002-2008, Vice Chair, 2005, Chair, 2006
- Avid Photographer, hiker, kayaker, and paddleboarder
- Run 20+ Half-Marathons
- Martindale Hubbell – AV Rating
- David Posnack Jewish Community Center's 2018 Evelyn and Otto Stieber Leadership Award
- Arnold P. Carter, M.D. (Boros v. Carter), 537 So.2d 1184, 1989 Affirmed judgment for expert witness fees against attorney.
- Vincent Coletti (Coletti v. Florida High School Athletic Association, Inc.), 23 Fla.L.Weekly Supp. 38a (Cir.Ct. 2015) Suit brought on behalf of high school varsity baseball player for his high school seeking to overturn umpire’s ruling rolling back the score in a playoff game one inning due to rain. Case is cited and discussed in law school academic textbook “Baseball and the Law” by Louis H. Schiff and Robert M. Jarvis.
- Thomas Flood (Flood v. Union Planters Bank), 878 So.2d 407 (Fla. 3rd DCA), 2004
- BankAtlantic (Williams v. BankAtlantic), 592 So.2d 687 (Fla. 3rd DCA), 1992
- First Western Bank (Glancy v. First Western Bank), 802 So.2d 498 (Fla. 4th DCA), 2001
- Jewish Community Center of South Broward, Inc.
- Nova – Davie Optimist Club/Nova Titan Baseball
- Valley Bank
- Bankers Healthcare Group, Inc.
- Quad Finance, Inc.
- Homeowners Association of Landmark Ranch Estates
- Chapel Trail Associates, Inc.
- The Retreat of Broward LLC
- Fifty Buildings, L.L.C.
- Custom Manufacturing Corporation
- Quality Importers Trading Co.
- Pizza Loft, Inc.
- ProScapes, Inc.