Unfair competition is the taking unfair advantage of a competitor in business. This can be through infringement of registered or unregistered intellectual property, misappropriation of trade secrets or confidential information, or other means of unfairly “getting ahead.”
The Florida commercial litigation attorneys at KALIS, KLEIMAN & WOLFE have extensive experience representing Fortune 500 Companies, multinational corporations, professionals, entrepreneurs and small and medium sized businesses. Our goal is to protect legitimate businesses from those who engage in unfair methods of competition, or unconscionable, deceptive, or unfair acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce.
Some of the unfair competition and wrongful business practices that we handle include:
- Trademark infringement and copyright infringement
- Common law misappropriation of ideas and business methods
- Trade secret theft
- False advertising
- Business defamation
- Bait and switch selling tactics
- Use of confidential information by former employee to solicit customers (company lists)
- Breach of a restrictive covenant
- False representation of products or services
- Unauthorized substitution of one brand of goods for another
- Trade Libel
- Employee starts competing business to undercut former employer
- Tortious interference with a business contract
- Violation of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Breach of fiduciary duty
Unfair competition is mainly governed by varying state’s common law; however, Federal laws may apply in the areas of trademarks, copyrights, and false advertising.
At KALIS, KLEIMAN & WOLFE, we work to prevent and protect our business clients from unfair competition practices. We have secured settlements, judgments, injunctions, and cease-and-desist orders for our business clients. We take quick action to protect our clients’ best interest from unfair competition; whether it is general counsel, litigation, or drafting, negotiation or enforcing trade secret licenses, non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements or non-disclosure agreement.
If your company or business need help preventing unfair competition or needs help litigation an unfair competition claim, contact the experienced Business Tort Litigation Attorneys at KALIS, KLEIMAN & WOLFE, the South Florida-based law firm today at (954) 791-0477.